Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Corporate Immigration:FAQs:General FAQs:Address Changes

Address Changes

Q: I just wanted to let you know that I'm moving to another apartment, do I need to update my home address with you or the government?

A: Clients of Grzeca Law Group should forward any new addresses to us so that we can update our records accordingly.

Please note, U.S. immigration law and regulations require that all foreign nationals report each personal change of address and new address with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) by filing Form AR-11 within ten days of any move. This process may now be done electronically by accessing

According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), to comply with the legal requirements of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), all non-U.S. Citizens must notify the DHS of any changes of address if they are present in the U.S. for more than 29 days.

CIS does not acknowledge receipt of AR-11 Change of Address forms. Therefore, Grzeca Law Group recommends keeping a copy of the completed form as well as a record of the date it was submitted.

Q: I have a new address in my home country (abroad). Do I need to complete Form AR-11 for my address abroad?

A: Foreign nationals do not need to inform U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) of a new address abroad. This requirement relates addresses within the U.S. if your stay exceeds 29 days.

Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media