Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Corporate Immigration:Temporary Visas:Employee and Business Visitors:L-1

L-1 Intracompany Transfers

The L-1 intracompany transfer classification allows a company to transfer an employee to the U.S. who has served the company or its qualified affiliates abroad for at least one year within the last three years in a "managerial," "executive," or "specialized knowledge" capacity. The foreign national must continue to serve the company in a "managerial," "executive," or "specialized knowledge" capacity in his or her new position in the U.S.

L-1 classifications are valid initially for a period of three years. Unless entering the U.S. intermittently, managers and executives in L-1A classification may extend their classification for up to four additional years in two year increments while specialized knowledge employees in L-1B classification may extend their classification for up to two additional years. In addition, spouses in L-2 classification (as a dependent of an individual classification) can apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Whether a company has a large or small international presence, Grzeca Law Group has helped transfer hundreds of qualifying employees to the U.S. in L-1 classification. In addition, Grzeca Law Group has successfully obtained Blanket L Certifications for many of our corporate clients.

Premium Processing is available for this visa category. Click here to read more.

L-1 FAQs

Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media