Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Corporate Immigration:Temporary Visas:Employee and Business Visitors:TN Professionals

Canadian and Mexican TN Professionals

As parties to the U.S. Mexico Canada Agreement (USMCA), formerly known as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the United States, Canada and Mexico have sought to simplify and expedite the process for temporary, business-related admissions of citizens of one party into the territory of another party. The TN classification, reserved for professionals, is divided into specific designations covering a variety of professions, ranging from Engineers to Hotel Managers, Designers, Accountants and Librarians.

Specific education and work experience requirements pre-determined for each of the designations must be met for an individual to be eligible to apply for the TN classification. In addition, the U.S. position offered to the individual must meet certain requirements and fall within the field of the specific designation.

The TN classification is issued in three-year increments and serves as an employer-specific work authorization.

With proper documentation, Canadian Citizens may apply for TN classification at a port-of-entry inspection through immediate review and adjudication. However, Mexican Citizens are still required to visit a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for adjudication of their TN Petition and issuance of the TN visa.

Dependent spouses and children under 21 of a TN classification holder can apply for the TD classification. However, dependent spouses and children are not eligible for work authorization in the U.S.

Grzeca Law Group regularly assists companies in bringing Mexican and Canadian personnel to the U.S. to work as TN professionals.


Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media