Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Corporate Immigration:Temporary Visas:Family Members:L-2

L-2 Classification

L-2 nonimmigrant classification is available to dependent spouses and children under the age of 21 of an L-1 classification holder. This status is dependent on the continued validity of the principal's L status. When an extension of the principal's L-1 status is filed, a separate application to extend L-2 status generally should also be filed concurrently.

An applicant for L-2 classification must present his or her valid passport, Marriage Certificate and children's Birth Certificates to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection or Consular Officer. Please note, individuals applying for an L-2 visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate must also be prepared to present completed forms, fees and other supporting documents as required by the specific Consular Office.

After entering the U.S. in L-2 classification, dependent spouses are eligible to apply for Employment Authorization with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. However, dependent children are not eligible.

Grzeca Law Group has a vast amount of experience in assuring that all family members maintain valid immigration status while in the U.S.

To find out more information on Employment Authorization, click here.

Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media