Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Corporate Immigration:FAQs:General FAQs:Name Changes

Name Changes

Q: I just recently got married, how do I change my name on my passport/I-94 card?

A: Requests may be made for a name change on a passport through the Embassy or Consulate of the foreign nationals home country. The application procedures, required documents and processing times vary based on the Embassy or Consulate. A new I-94 card will be issued upon reentry to the U.S. after travel abroad based on the name listed in the passport presented to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Q: I recently got married and my name is now different. How do I change my immigration documents to reflect my new name?

A: Foreign nationals with recent name changes should not be required to file paperwork to change the name on their current visa or immigration classification documents.  However, they should carry a copy of their marriage certificate when traveling, in the event that a question would arise.  When it is time to renew their visa or immigration classification, the proper name revisions can be made on the applicable documents at that time.

Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media