Grzeca Law Group s.c. - Immigration Lawyer
Milwaukee | Madison
Appleton | Green Bay
Family Immigration:K-1 or Fiance Visa Processing Procedure

K-1 Visa or Fiance Visa Processing Procedure

A K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa issued to the fiancé of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States. "Fiancé" is defined as a person who is engaged or otherwise contracted to get married. The future marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in which the marriage will take place, and in general, both parties must have met in person in the past two years.

To begin the application process for a K-1 visa, certain documentation must be gathered, translated to English, and certified. This documentation includes items such as a valid passport, birth certificates, divorce certificates, evidence of the relationship, and evidence of financial support.

After the K-1 visa is approved, the fiancé can travel to the U.S. to get married. The visa requires the fiancé to marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry, or leave the U.S. Once the couple marries, the non-citizen spouse can apply to adjust his/her status to permanent resident.

Contact Grzeca Law Group's K-1 Visa Lawyers and take advantage of our legal team's wealth of knowledge and experience guiding individuals through the process of applying for and obtaining a K-1 visa.

Website Developed by: Smart Interactive Media